The lists below reflect the places we have enjoyed and where we would go in future. We do try new ones occasionally and will add any more that we like.
There are countless pubs and restaurants in the Peak District, offering excellent value and quality. Let us know if you find one that we should include on the list.
Pubs & Restaurants a short drive away
We prefer the places listed below, some are a 15-20 minute drive away, mostly over the moor towards Baslow and a little further, but the food and drink is worth the journey – in our opinion.
Also, if you are out and about, you may be near or passing one of these places.
- The Kelstedge, Kelstedge
- The Old Eyre Arms, Hassop
- Devonshire Arms, Pilsley
- The Chequers, Frogatt
- The Robin Hood, A619 towards Baslow
- The Derwentwater Arms, Calver
- Monsal Head Hotel & Pub
- Devonshire Arms, Beeley
- Red Lion, Stonedge
- The Crispin, Gt. Longstone
- The Packhorse, Lt. Longstone
- Manifold Arms, Hulme End, near Hartington
- Red Lion, Litton
- The Bull, Ashford-in-the-water
- The Bulls Head, Monyash
- Indian – The Gulab, Chatsworth Road, Chesterfield
- Indian – The Shalimar, Darley Dale (A6)
- Italian – Il Lupo, Baslow
- Chatsworth Farm Shop, Pilsley
- Shop & Chop’t, Hope Valley, west of Hathersage
- Ricci’s – coffee/pizza bar, Bakewell